Saturday, February 2, 2013

Artist: Tripper Dungan







Artist Statement
 I often paint children, who in my opinion are better than most at “making believe.” At least a little imaginative thinking and daydreaming are important for one’s balanced mental health. 

My work frequents the insect world -- after all we were all once little guys seeing things from different points of view.

Clouds are very inspiring to me, with their ever changing forms and shapes -- one moment there’s a bubbly white jalopy, the next a great dane floats by wearing a top hat.

The night sky is one of my favorite subjects. Looking into space in its infiniteness conjures thoughts of the endlessness of perception and the amazing places we can go in our imaginations. This special attribute is the basis for the philosophy behind Number Star.

Websites

No comments:

Post a Comment